Skip to main content

Broken

I feel like the kite that was flying high in the sky
And suddenly the thread broke somewhere somehow
And the drifting and dancing with the cool breeze started
And then slowly the gravity took over dragging down and down and down

The children of the area were too busy to run after me
Probably attending some class for their future
The onlookers didn't give me a second look

Now I'm stuck on a branch of tree
High up from the battles but not high enough for the breeze to push me again and again

I am tied to the tree
It talks to me about being grounded
About the greatness in being rooted
I don't understand it
Because I have only flown all my life
Never been tied to a tree

I have only longed for the blue sky all my life
Have only heard cheering when I flew high
Now the rain gets me wet and soggy
And the sun makes me brittle

I wish the tree knew the joy of flying
Wish I could convince it the beauty seen from high up in the sky
The feeling of racing the birds high up there
The feeling of defying the fear of falling

Will i ever fly again?
Or will I go down with the tree when a colony comes up in its place?
The answers are not with me buddy
Though I wish I had them on my face

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020: adios amigo!

The year 2020 was cruel to most of us, but it taught us many positive lessons. It made us appreciate and be grateful for all that we have, and realise what we really need in life to be happy. It was a lesson needed for the world to reboot and rethink of its priorities. It reminded us that we have been making the mistake of using people and loving things when it needs to be the other way round. It made us realise the importance of the people in our lives - even if they are the people who do mundane jobs in our households and whom we tend to take for granted. It also made us realise that our wealth can't protect us from the virus or a calamity, but our fellow humans can; the great work done by the medical fraternity, the workers who helped us stay alive during the lockdown, was truly commendable. No words can really describe how grateful the rest of us are for these courageous selfless servants of humanity. I hope we have learnt the lessons and learnt them well as a race, as life ten...

The mountain between us

The film mountain between us is a simple story. A storm, A mountain, two professionals, one recklessly sick pilot and a dog. Meagre ingredients for a movie. But the movie touches you deeply. Hits you hard like the sinking Titanic and it's soulful background track. The mountain in the movie is the metaphor we all have in our relationships. It's the mountain and the storm that brings people closer. The lonely souls wandering in the sea of souls, looking for something neither knows. It's so true in our modern lives. We are all living busy lives, chasing dreams. Then life takes over sometimes, creating situations and circumstances that gets us meet people whom we were otherwise never going to meet. Call it destiny or karma or whatever you choose. But these people, places and circumstances help us reach deep within ourselves and find us the anchors in the sea of life. Then life is never the same anymore...there is positive vibrations all around and we follow the vibrations to r...

You complete me!

Just as the birds are happiest when their wings kiss the sky Just as the babies sleep blissfully Listening to their mother's lullaby You complete me Just as the butterflies blissfully suckle at the flowers Just as the lovers stare at the window of their love for hours You complete me Just as the earth devotedly revolves around the sun Just as the seven colours in sunlight Become one You complete me You are the poetry my soul has been seeking for years Your laughter and smiles brings me Fresh happy tears Together we are complete and strong Together we can make right all that's wrong You complete me Be with me forever till I'm alive Breathe with me & never leave my side Complete my life and stay in there forever fill my soul with happiness and pride You complete me