Skip to main content

The winter's afternoon

It's dark and cold
The blankets keep me warm
The mind plays the shadows of light and dark
With the memories of the dark cold caves lived many births before
I can see the sun shy away
Like a moody cancerian having one of his crabby days
The moon is lurking quietly behind in the sky
Waiting for the Sun to make way

I suddenly come back to the present
Reminded of the craving inside me I diagnose as my tea thirst
I wake up and drink my tea quietly
Munching biscuits dipped in the cup

I head to the hall and clumsily look for the TV remote
Surf through #Netflix looking for some relief for my wandering mind
I'm engaged for a few hours
And then the restlessness returns
My mind wanders back to the old cold caves
Where I remember huddling with my half tamed pets - the wolves I use to hunt
My digestive juices begin to flow
I head to the kitchen and switch on the microwave to feast on the leftovers of a late lunch
I'm full and sleepy again
My senses are dulled into floating dreams
And I'm sinking in the world of my imagination
Like a rudderless diver surfing through a ship wreck for survivors
And I see the world in 360 degree
Submerged in the ocean of my subconscious
And then the Alarm rings!
It's time to start another day....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020: adios amigo!

The year 2020 was cruel to most of us, but it taught us many positive lessons. It made us appreciate and be grateful for all that we have, and realise what we really need in life to be happy. It was a lesson needed for the world to reboot and rethink of its priorities. It reminded us that we have been making the mistake of using people and loving things when it needs to be the other way round. It made us realise the importance of the people in our lives - even if they are the people who do mundane jobs in our households and whom we tend to take for granted. It also made us realise that our wealth can't protect us from the virus or a calamity, but our fellow humans can; the great work done by the medical fraternity, the workers who helped us stay alive during the lockdown, was truly commendable. No words can really describe how grateful the rest of us are for these courageous selfless servants of humanity. I hope we have learnt the lessons and learnt them well as a race, as life ten...

The mountain between us

The film mountain between us is a simple story. A storm, A mountain, two professionals, one recklessly sick pilot and a dog. Meagre ingredients for a movie. But the movie touches you deeply. Hits you hard like the sinking Titanic and it's soulful background track. The mountain in the movie is the metaphor we all have in our relationships. It's the mountain and the storm that brings people closer. The lonely souls wandering in the sea of souls, looking for something neither knows. It's so true in our modern lives. We are all living busy lives, chasing dreams. Then life takes over sometimes, creating situations and circumstances that gets us meet people whom we were otherwise never going to meet. Call it destiny or karma or whatever you choose. But these people, places and circumstances help us reach deep within ourselves and find us the anchors in the sea of life. Then life is never the same anymore...there is positive vibrations all around and we follow the vibrations to r...

You complete me!

Just as the birds are happiest when their wings kiss the sky Just as the babies sleep blissfully Listening to their mother's lullaby You complete me Just as the butterflies blissfully suckle at the flowers Just as the lovers stare at the window of their love for hours You complete me Just as the earth devotedly revolves around the sun Just as the seven colours in sunlight Become one You complete me You are the poetry my soul has been seeking for years Your laughter and smiles brings me Fresh happy tears Together we are complete and strong Together we can make right all that's wrong You complete me Be with me forever till I'm alive Breathe with me & never leave my side Complete my life and stay in there forever fill my soul with happiness and pride You complete me