Skip to main content

A new year is here, what about the old things?

Somewhere I read that we are born everyday and that everyday is an opportunity to be amazing. I feel in a way it's true. As the year 2022 comes, let us drop the ills of the year 2021 and emerge in our pure, cleansed form in the new year. Like entering a holy shrine, leaving behind the contamination around us. There are so many things that we can do to find our Ikigai. 

I have a few that I want to follow this year:

Promote reading: I want to, in my own humble way, want to promote reading. Try and gift books so that people start reading again. Nothing can replace a good book. The invisible world that becomes visible through words, it's like magic.

Travel more to quiet places: hoping that this would help me find peace. Help me travel within. Find ways to reach the equilibrium and the centre of my life. So that I feel peace, power of God within me

Cleanse my mind: I want to focus on my self development. So that I'm better a bit everyday. More content. More connected to the divine. More minimalistic. More successful in living a great life. Let's see how it goes.

I'm in love with something but I don't know what it is. My mind seeks answers for questions I don't know. I want to connect mentally and spiritually to the centres of knowledge and intelligence so that my mind opens to possibilities. And reach higher goals in life. Be more than a materialistic being.

Fingers crossed. Let's see how things unfold. Wish me luck😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020: adios amigo!

The year 2020 was cruel to most of us, but it taught us many positive lessons. It made us appreciate and be grateful for all that we have, and realise what we really need in life to be happy. It was a lesson needed for the world to reboot and rethink of its priorities. It reminded us that we have been making the mistake of using people and loving things when it needs to be the other way round. It made us realise the importance of the people in our lives - even if they are the people who do mundane jobs in our households and whom we tend to take for granted. It also made us realise that our wealth can't protect us from the virus or a calamity, but our fellow humans can; the great work done by the medical fraternity, the workers who helped us stay alive during the lockdown, was truly commendable. No words can really describe how grateful the rest of us are for these courageous selfless servants of humanity. I hope we have learnt the lessons and learnt them well as a race, as life ten...

The mountain between us

The film mountain between us is a simple story. A storm, A mountain, two professionals, one recklessly sick pilot and a dog. Meagre ingredients for a movie. But the movie touches you deeply. Hits you hard like the sinking Titanic and it's soulful background track. The mountain in the movie is the metaphor we all have in our relationships. It's the mountain and the storm that brings people closer. The lonely souls wandering in the sea of souls, looking for something neither knows. It's so true in our modern lives. We are all living busy lives, chasing dreams. Then life takes over sometimes, creating situations and circumstances that gets us meet people whom we were otherwise never going to meet. Call it destiny or karma or whatever you choose. But these people, places and circumstances help us reach deep within ourselves and find us the anchors in the sea of life. Then life is never the same anymore...there is positive vibrations all around and we follow the vibrations to r...

You complete me!

Just as the birds are happiest when their wings kiss the sky Just as the babies sleep blissfully Listening to their mother's lullaby You complete me Just as the butterflies blissfully suckle at the flowers Just as the lovers stare at the window of their love for hours You complete me Just as the earth devotedly revolves around the sun Just as the seven colours in sunlight Become one You complete me You are the poetry my soul has been seeking for years Your laughter and smiles brings me Fresh happy tears Together we are complete and strong Together we can make right all that's wrong You complete me Be with me forever till I'm alive Breathe with me & never leave my side Complete my life and stay in there forever fill my soul with happiness and pride You complete me